Dr. Javed M Vakil is an M.D Medicine and D.M in Nephrology. He is a skilled and experienced Nephrologist in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Dr. Vakil has wide experience in all aspects of Nephrology and expertise in handling renal transplant cases. He has worked as a consultant nephrologist at King Fahad Hospital in Saudi Arabia for almost 5 years. Dr.Vakil also served as an Associate Professor at the Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Centre. In the past 10 years, he has been involved in over 400 renal transplants. Dr. Javed has several publications to his credit and has also made presentations of his papers at various conferences all over India. Dr. J M Vakil is one of the best nephrologists in Ahmedabad and India.
May 97 – Dec 97: Lecturer, Nephrology Department- Renal transplant unit, institute of kidney diseases and research center, Ahmedabad
Jan 98 – Oct 02: Consultant nephrologists at King Fahad hospital, Saudi Arab.
Oct 02 – April 05: Institute of kidney diseases and research center, as Associate Professor
April 05 onward: Started private practice at 403, Pratiksha Complex, Mahalaxmi Panch Rasta, Paldi, Ahmedabad
March 2007: Started KDTF group of Nephrologist
Since 2011: Working as a Hon. Ast. Professor at S.V.P. (V. S.) Hospital, Ahmedabad, since 2011.
I have special interest in renal transplant; I have done more than 400 renal transplants in last 10 years at various places. I was actively involved in immune tolerance Protocol in institute of kidney disease and research center.
Beside transplant, I have also tremendous experience in all kind of nephrology problem. I have actively participated in various national and international conferences of American Society of Nephrology, European Society of Dialysis and Transplant, International Society of Peritoneal Dialysis and Indian Society of Nephrology.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis in diabetic nephropathy an unusual presentation: At 26th annual conference of the endocrine society of India.
- Safety and efﬁcacy of short term sirolimus therapy in renal allograft recipients with acute rejection and with delayed graft function-A single center experience, at 14th annual conference of ISOT, Hyderabad.
- ARF OF OBSTETRIC ORIGIN, at 34th annual conference of Indian Society of Nephrology at Visakhapatnam.
- Post renal transplant prevalence of anaemia, at 15th annual conference of ISOT, Bombay.
- To study outcome of renal transplant in HCV positive patients- single center experience, at 35th conference of Indian Society of Nephrology at Varanasi.
- Membranous Nephropathy -our experience, at 35th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Nephrology at Varanasi.
- Post-Transplant Cryptococci Meningoencehpalitis. Transplant India, 2004; vol 3: 19-21.
- Renal transplantation in primary focal segmental glomerulonephritis-Ahemadabad experience. Transplantation India; vol 3, no.3-4:14-18.
- Allogenic Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, mixed chimerism and tolerance in living related donor renal allograft recipients. Transplantation India; vol 3, no 3-428-13.
- Allogenic stem cell transplantation, mixed hematopoietic chimerism and tolerance-ﬁve years’ experience with renal transplantation. Transplantation India; vol 3, no-2117-21.
- A strategy to achieve donor-speciﬁc hypo responsiveness in cadaver renal allograft recipients by donor hematopoietic stem cell transplantation into the thymus and periphery. Nephro Dial Transplant (2004) 19:2374-2377
- Our experience of tolerance induction in pediatric renal allograft recipients with living related donor transplantation India(2004); vol-3,no-1;26-28
- Classical tolerance induction in renal transplantation- A study of 11 patients. Hong Kong journal of nephrology. April 2005.vol-7,no-1:27-33
- Effects of tolerance induction protocol in allograft recipients-the Ahmedabad Experience. Hong Kong Journal of nephrology April 2005, vol-7, no-l: 22-26
- Allogeneic Hematopoietic stem-cell Transplantation, Mixed chimerism, and Tolerance in living related Donor Renal allograft recipients. Transplantation proceedings, 37,737-742(2005)
Acute Kidney Injury
Chronic Kidney Disease
Acute Peritoneal Dialysis
All kind of Nephrology problem
I have more than 25 years of experience in field of Nephrology
I involved in 2500 Kidney Transplant patients at IKDRC & in Private.
Past President – Ahmedabad Physician Association
Past President – Heritage City Medical Association
President – Ahmedabad Nephrology Association
Member – Indian Society of Nephrology
Member – Indian Medical Association
Member – International Society of Nephrology- USA